Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Autumnal Makeup Colours.


It has to be said that October is one of my favourite months to blog. As someone who focuses on beauty and lifestyle for the most part, I love that Halloween is around the corner and all of the different colours and cooking that I can take full advantage of. So to start off my more autumnal blogging kick I thought I'd share the coloured products that I'm now incorporating into my makeup routine. You should know if you don't already that I am more minimal when it comes to my makeup, which means I won't be wearing all of these dark shades at once, but I am hoping to photograph some looks for you soon to show you how I incorporate these shades into my daily routine. 


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick In Love With Ginger // Rimmel Matte Lipstick in 107 // Revlon Colourburst Lip Crayon in Crush 
I thought I'd start my picks off with lip sticks which to be honest is definitely what excites me most about beauty trends this season. I'm all about darker berry shades but I also love an orange lipstick, which I think works really well if you're wanting to go with something darker around the eyes. The holy grail blogger product for this time of year is of course the Rimmel 107 matte lipstick, which is a super dark red shade that lasts really well on the lips. This shade of red is more cool toned with just a slight hint of an almost purple undertone, which makes this berry red shade slightly less harsh then a more neutral dark red shade. It also compliments pale skin really nicely which is why me and my friend are often twinning with this shade at this time of year. 

My purple lippy of choice comes in the form of one of the original Revlon Colourburst Balm Stains in the shade crush. I really like this product because it isn't drying on the lips but it also lasts really well. This shade in particular is more of a wine stain shade of purple however it's a nice neutral shade that compliments skin tones really nicely without looking harsh or a bit much, which I think personally a purple easily can.

A finally for my orange shade I have chosen a Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in the shade In Love With Ginger. I've chosen this shade because I think it's a really wearable shade of orange that Rimmel have got spot on. If you want a more intense shade of orange Revlon do a bright shade of orange in their Colourburst Matte Balm Stains, and I believe Topshop have a super bright orange lippy too that's supposed to be really nice. In Love With Ginger does it for me personally because it is really nice and balmy, and can be blotted in with a tissue to give a really nice tint to the lips. 


Maybelline Colour Tattoo In Metallic Pomegranate // Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette 
Time to share a few eyeshadow shades that I reach for at this time of year. Apologies for the dark photograph I'm afraid that's one of the less fun things about blogging in the cooler seasons. Anyhow first up I want to talk about the dark purple shade on the left which is one of the Maybelline Colour Tattoos in the shade Metallic Pomegranate. Now this can look pretty off putting in the pot with being so intense and also having some specks of glitter in it. But this shade lasts so well of the lids and when blended in with your finger makes for a really lovely and surprisingly neutral shade. I wear this all the time at this time of year and it's not often I get on so well with drugstore eyeshadows. 

For my other two shade recommendations I thought I'd share what I'm using most in my Naked 2 palette to describe the kind of neutral shades that I personally go for during the autumn season. Both of which may be considered slightly more summery shades but honestly I like to save more cool toned shades for the winter time and during spring. My first shade of choice is my absolute favourite from this palette which is half baked, a super coppery shade that just looks great I think with a really dark lipstick. And secondly I like chopper which is a more bronze shade which I think looks great with my purple lippy of choice. If you haven't tried eye shadows from the Naked palettes I really recommend finding an Urban Decay counter near you and having a good old swatch. I'm not one to invest too much in high end makeup but I really think Naked palettes are worth the investment. 


Sleek Blush In Flushed
Finally I wanted to share my favourite blush shade for this time of year which is Flushed by Sleek. Now this does look super intense in the pan but when applied lightly to the cheeks this is such a long lasting shade that gives you that lovely look as if you've been out in the cold. I really recommend Sleek blushes in general but I think this is a great shade for the cooler months.

Thanks so much for reading, be sure to comment below any coloured products you love reaching for during the autumn season x