Thursday, 17 September 2015

Daily Base.


Hello again folks, today I am back with another beauty post for you all. As I am back at college now I've been slightly more minimal with my makeup as I've been getting up at 7:00 most mornings. However my skin is always a problem for me so I always make sure to conceal my blemish ridden skin and use powder before I leave the house in the mornings. So today I thought I would share my current base routine with you all, including all the products and brushes I use. For me personally makeup is something that makes me feel more confident when I leave the house in the mornings, I am in no way saying you need to wear this much makeup on your face everyday, I just wanted to share what I use for those who are interested. 

Foundation // First of all I use my favourite drugstore foundation which is the Revlon Colourstay Foundation and I use the one for oily/combination skin. The reasons I love this product are because it lasts really well, which most foundations just don't seem to on me, it also has good coverage for my blemishes and controls oil pretty well without looking cakey on my face. I apply this foundation using the amazing Real Techniques Buffing Brush, and then I use the Real Techniques stippling brush just to make sure it's blended really well on my face. 

Concealer // So I'm going to be honest here and let you know that I usually don't bother with concealer because the coverage on my foundation is usually enough for just a casual day at college. However if I've not slept well or I have a particularly problematic blemish then I will use some of the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer which is great for coverage. I usually apply the product using my ring finger which I use to blend the product into my skin, or if I'm feeling lazy I will just use my stippling brush to blend the concealer in. 


Powder // This is the one thing I rotate quite regularly in my base routine, but currently I've been trying out the Revlon Photoready Powder which I actually quite like. It offers an extra bit of coverage without looking cakey and controls oil well. I use my Eco Tools Retractable Kabuki brush to apply powder which I've had for ages now, but it's just so soft and is a nice smaller brush which I prefer for applying powder.


And that is everything I use for my base, thanks for reading. Comment below what products you use!