Monday, 3 August 2015

How to Cheat Eyeliner


Hello again, I'm back with a beauty post today and I'm genuinely quite excited for this one because I'm finally sharing my trick for cheating eyeliner. Yes today's my post is for anyone who like me, cannot apply eyeliner for the life of them. This trick isn't going to give you a cool cat flick or anything crazy like that, but these tips will help you define your eyes and give the appearance that you've actually made the effort to put eyeliner on properly. 

1. First of all you're actually going to need eyeliner (crazy I know). But instead of applying your eyeliner on your upper lash line, you will be applying it to your tight line. This is your upper waterline so to speak, it may seem a bit strange to apply eyeliner here but it gives easy definition to your eye which you will really notice. 

2. Next you're going to need some black eyeshadow and a brush thin enough to let you sketch a subtle line with your black eyeshadow where you would normally apply your eyeliner. You can dampen your brush first to help you be more precise but personally I like to blend my shadow out a bit so it doesn't look super precise. 

3. Finally apply a mascara. I do actually have a recommendation for this one which is the Bourjois Liner Effect mascara. This claims to create an effect of eyeliner on the lashes and it does work well I have to say and I've been using it for ages. It's mainly to do with the brush which really helps work more product into the bottom of the lashes giving the illusion that you have eyeliner on your upper lash line. The formula of this mascara is also really good as it doesn't make my lashes clump at all.

So there you have it, 3 simple steps to cheating eyeliner. Comment below any makeup tricks you have!