Sunday, 12 July 2015

4 Base Products // Mini Reviews



I don't know what's come over me in the past few months but I've been trying a lot of new products. I think I just got to the point with my skin that I needed to switch things up a bit. But hey ho with all these new things to share on the blog I thought it would be fun to do some mini reviews of four products I've been trying our recently. 

First up is the 123 Perfect foundation by Bourjois which I had pretty high hopes for, I was sure Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup had raved about this stuff so I picked it up. And to be honest I was really dissapointed, I've completely abandoned this product after buying my Laura Mercier foundation cause it honestly doesn't compare. My main critisms are that the coverage isn't at all good enough for my skin and it doesn't last long enough which is a pain when you're at college 9 till 5. So big thumbs down for this product from me.

Next we have the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer which I've heard great things about and long story short this is a decent product for what you pay. I'm not sure if I prefer it to the lasting perfection concealer but it does cover blemishes well and lasts without drying out my skin or clinging to dry patches. So yes I'm fairly happy with this although I don't know if I'd repurchase it over alternatives.

Time for the only high end product here which is the Benefit Hello Flawless powder which I bought after reading rave after rave about this product. But personally I found this product really disappointing for the price. It looks fairly cakey on me and the coverage isn't that good, it also doesn't control shine that well and you don't get that much product in the pan. So yes pretty peeved I spent £25 pounds on this as I'm preferring my Rimmel powder over this at the moment, which was a fraction of the price. So no I don't particularly recommend this (takes deep breath and sips some tea).

Finally we have the Body Shop's Instablur primer that I'm just going to say now doesn't really deserve the hype it's been getting in my opinion. I got this because Gabby/VelvetGh0st recommended it and she really did sing her praises for this. It hasn't made that much of a difference to the longevity of my makeup and I just find it too thick and also my makeup doesn't apply as smooth over the top. However I like to put this on if I'm exercising and won't be wearing makeup because it does control shine well. 

Have you tried any of these products? Have any products really dissapointed you recently?

So much negativity in this post! I promise to share some products I'm loving soon x