Sunday, 15 March 2015

2 Lush Cleansers


From Left: Let The Good Times Roll // Herbalism
Today I wanted to make a quick note on my current cleansing duo from Lush. I've been trying simplify my skincare routine, in a bid to ease off on my blemish ridden skin and show it more care  rather then attacking it with 5 different products at night. Both of these cleansers have a more gritty texture, which acts a gentle exfoliant for my combination skin. This means I rarely opt for a second exfoliator, as these generally do the job well without irritating my skin.

I use Herbalism in the mornings, as a super fresh product to wake me and my skin up. I used to use this for my acne when I was in my early teens and I could never stand the smell. But Lush have definitely done something to the scent because it doesn't bother me at all anymore. The texture can be really strange at first but once you get used to it, it's fine and is actually quite nice I think. 

I use the Let The Good Times Roll cleanser at night, after I've used my Garnier Micellar Water to remove the majority of my makeup. I use this at night because it has a more buttery texture, which I think helps remove those last traces of makeup really well, I simply apply the product my face with gentle motions and leave it there for about 2 minutes before I rinse it off with water. I should also note that this cleanser smells amazing and just like buttery popcorn, so yes a definitely selling point for me.

Overall I don't know the exact effects of these cleansers on their own, but I have to say my skin has been in much better condition recently, and has been a lot clearer. I've also been using my Aveeno moisturiser in case you're wondering. I've just noticed such a difference with my skin now that I'm using more simple products on it.

What skincare products are you currently using in your skincare routine?