Wednesday, 10 December 2014

December Beauty Haul


It's been ages since I've done a little haul here on the blog, which is mainly because I've been using all my money for christmas presents at the moment. However it was my birthday last Thursday so I decided to get a few essentials, and of course I thought it would be nice to share what I bought with you all accompanied by my first impressions of each product, so let's get started!


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | £4.99

First up I got a product that I have wanted to try for ages. I've been using the L'Oreal Micellar water for a while now, but my skin has terrible recently which has meant I've resorted to blaming every product I use for my breakouts. I've heard loads of good things about this Bioderma dupe from Garnier so I decided to finally get it. So far I do actually prefer this product to the L'Oreal version, there might not actually be a lot of difference between the two products but I'm sure this does a much better job of removing waterproof mascara and I love how there is so much product in this bottle as I hate having to buy makeup remover all the time.


Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser | £23.00

Ah GinZing we meet again and I'm so glad. I tried a little sample pot of this stuff ages ago and really liked it, but the price had been putting me off until now. It was on offer in Boots so I grabbed a pot of this moisturiser which so far I'm loving. I've been using a Body Shop moisturiser that has just done nothing for my skin this winter but as soon as I put this on for the first time, my skin genuinely felt so nourished and hydrated. This might be the result of using such a horrible product for so long, but this stuff really is lovely and smells amazing it has to be said.


Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation | £30.60

My next purchase was really my birthday treat to myself. I've been looking for a really good foundation for ages now and after reading a lot of reviews I decided to try this product from Laura Mercier. The thing that really drew me to this product was the coverage which is medium to high which for my teen, blemish ridden skin is a must. I get on with quite a few drugstore foundations but one thing that always lacks for me is getting decent coverage that doesn't look caked on. I've only been using this foundation for a week but I have to say it's really ticked all the boxes for me. It gives me great coverage without looking like I have a tonne of product on and is so easy to blend. The finish is luminous but doesn't look super shiny on my more oily skin, it really gives more of a subtle radiance. I don't want to go on about this product too much until I've used it for a while, but so far I'm really pleased with it.


Aussie Miracle Dry Hair Shampoo Aussome Volume | £4.99

Another very simple but slightly adventurous purchase for me is this volumising dry hair shampoo from Aussie. I've become very much dependent on dry hair shampoo recently as I'd rather snuggle up of my couch then blow dry my hair, however the Bastiste product I've been using isn't really doing it for me anymore and it's just making my hair feel thin and matte more than anything else. I was looking at other dry hair shampoos to try in Boots the other day and this product caught my eye, this stuff apparently gives great volume which I'm really hoping is true. I've been powering through with coursework a lot at the moment so my hair has been in a high pony constantly, but if you want to know my thoughts on this product once I've had a had a really chance to use it and any others I've mentioned in this post do let me know below.


Rimmel Stay Matte Press Powder | £3.99

In need of a new powder I decided to go for an old favourite of mine in the form of Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. I bought the transparent version of this product which I'm hoping won't get knocked off anything and smash as I've done that to two of these powders already. However despite the packaging flaw this stuff is really great value for money and does a great job of keeping my skin oil free.


Lush Herbalism Face & Body Cleanser | £6.75

And finally I bought myself a face cleanser that I haven't used for years, which is mainly because the scent really put me off in my early teens when Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit facewash was my go to product. But with my skin dilemma at the moment which is probably just stressed related I decided to reach for this stuff again and hopefully it will make some kind of a difference. And even if it doesn't I still have a fun green face product at my disposal.

Thanks for reading, have you tried any of these products?