Monday, 22 December 2014

Christmas Day Makeup

Christmas day is only a few days away now so I thought it would be nice to share what makeup products I will be wearing on Thursday. Now I know some people prefer to chill out on Christmas day and I do spend the morning in my pyjamas, however I do enjoy doing my makeup and putting on a nice dress for the Christmas day celebrations, so here is what I have in mind this year.


Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation | £34.00
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer | £5.49
Rimmer Stay Matte Powder | £3.99

For my base I'm just going to be using the products I've been using everyday at the moment, however the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation can be built up to be more full coverage without looking cakey, so admittedly I will probably be going for the slightly less natural approach as I usually only apply a pea sized amount of this product. 


Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette | £37.00
Bourjois Eye Liner Effect Mascara | £9.99
Revlon Brow Fantasy | £6.99
Soap and Glory It's About Prime | £8.00

For eye makeup I'm still a bit torn as whether to go down the coppery or smokey eye route but I'll most likely be using my Naked 2 palette which is my personal favourite. And because I am useless at doing eyeliner I'll be using my eyeliner effect mascara which I love, and I'll be lining my eyes with black eyeshadow to create a more subtle eyeliner effect. 


Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette | £22.00 

On the cheeks I'll most likely be using this cheek palette from Urban Decay which gives a lovely, more subtle looking glowy look, perfect to go with my more heavy eye makeup. 


Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Mauve It Over | £7.49
Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Clear Lipgloss | £9.00

Last year I decided to wear red lipstick on Christmas day and I honestly completely regretted that decision. It was just so much effort to maintain with all the food and drink. So this year I have learnt my lesson and will be donning a nude glossy lip. I always go for this pair when I go out for meals so will definitely be wearing them both on Christmas day.

Do you know what makeup you'll be wearing Christmas day?