Saturday, 29 November 2014

Sometimes You Need To Step Outside

 'SometimesYou need to step outside, get some air, and remind yourself of who you are and who you want to be.'

Hello again, I know I've been distant with blogging this month, college has been exhausting recently and my teachers don't seem to realise that they are all giving me the same ridiculous amounts of work to do. Anyhow moaning aside, I thought I'd tell you about my day. I finally took a breather and asked my Dad to come out to the botanical gardens with me today. 

If you've been reading this blog for a while you'll know how much I love going there and taking photos, and despite the cold weather it was so nice to go somewhere like that where I felt I could breath a little and step back and think about things. As well as thinking about things like the future and discussing this year's Christmas celebrations at great length (so excited if you can't tell), I also thought about Emmihearts. I've definitely gotten myself into a rut with blogging and I'm finally ready to get out of it. I think the pressure of it being what I was calling a beauty blog just restricted me and honestly made me feel like I need to blog in copious amounts about every beauty product I own. So long rant short, I want Emmihearts to be my place to write down my thoughts and share things that are making me happy. Yes there will of course be beauty stuff because I'm never going to stop being a makeup addict, but I want to share more content relating to photography and what I'm up to. So yes, I'm definitely going to have more passion for blogging so expect more posts from me.

Anyway I thought I would share some photos I took at the botanical gardens in Sheffield today. Being winter time now there wasn't a load of flowers and things to photograph, but I made the most of being there anyway as there is still plenty to see and me and my Dad did make a cute little friend.





Tuna and sweetcorn. Always.








To see more of my photography, click here to visit my Flickr page!