Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Double Nyx Review


I'm back with a double review for you all today and honestly it seems like way too long since I've sat down and acted like a beauty blogger. But hey ho, at least it's given me the chance to try lots of new products that are just itching for a mention here on this little corner of the internet. Today's reviews are of two products that I bought at the end of summer in sheer excitement of finally finding a Next with a Nyx counter and what can I say, A/W products are my fave. So now I've had a chance to really have a wear of these two, here are my thoughts! 


Nyx Matte Lipstick In Alabama | £6.00

First up is this super autumnal lipstick which is my current favourite at the moment. I may have given Rimmel's 107 a very nice mention last month but honestly once I remembered I had this it's just been gathering dust in one of my drawers. In comparison to 107 this really does win in my opinion, it's more red than a berry shade which I think is more flattering on my complexion. It also doesn't have that horribly strong scent that the Kate Moss one has which is the only thing that really puts me off wearing it. 107 does last that bit longer though because it is more matte and chalky, but Alabama is a winner for me because it is just much more comfortable to wear on the lips, being a lot more buttery in comparison and the shade is a bit less scary. Ok so that turned into a bit of a battle of the autumn lipsticks but I just wanted to put the two together, as the 107 lippy is a staple product to a lot of people at this time of year, so I thought it might be interesting to compare the two.

Nyx Powder Blush In Taupe | £6.00

My second product is a blush that I have wanted for so long. Contouring is something I'll always be slightly afraid of with my face shape, but I'd seen loads of contouring posts that said Taupe was the product to get if you're pale. So yeah I went and got it and honestly, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I really like the colour as you can use it as a blush or contour and it works pretty nicely, but the lasting power is disappointing as is the pigmentation. It's a shame when this happens because so many people seem to like it, but I can't lie to you, it's just not doing anything for me.

Do you own any Nyx products?