Friday, 3 October 2014

September Favourites | Beauty


September for me beauty wise has been a little uneventful, I've been so busy at college that I've been really minimal with makeup and pampering so I only have a few beauty favourites this month. But nonetheless I still wanted to share the few little things that have been keeping me happy last month in the beauty department!


Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand and Nail Cream 75ml | £4.09

Ok, so I know it's a little early at this time of year to be getting dry hands but with using all different kinds of art stuff at college mine have been getting so dry and this hand and nail cream has been a life saver. I've been using the L'occitane hand creams for so long now and as good as they are, they are a bit pricey so I decided to try this one from Neutrogena and I actually think it is more moisturising and you get more for your money.


Benefit Erase Paste Concealer and Highlighter | £20.50 for the full size

My next favourite is this mini that I got in a Benefit set a few months ago. I rarely used to bother with concealing my under eyes because concealers always seem to crease on them no matter how I apply or set them. Being back at college and permanently tired however I decided to give this concealer a go and I've been loving it so far. I only have a mini but I think it's going to last for ages to be honest, a little really goes a long way and it really stays put and covers my dark under eyes well. 


Revlon Brow Fantasy | £6.99

I bought this product on a whim to see if it could rival my trusty Maybelline Brow Drama and I was actually surprised that I prefer this duo. I'm not really one for using eyebrow pencils but I quite like the one on this, it isn't too pigmented so you can build up and fill your brows in to look more natural, and the gel is so good, the brush is nice and slim which applies the product precisely and shapes your brows easily and the product doesn't clump at all which the Maybelline one did sometimes. So yes I like the pencil on this but it's all about the brow gel, the formula is so good and the brush is nice and skinny unlike the brushes on the Rimmel and Maybelline brow gels.


Nuxe Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm | £9.50

Eek! So I finally got my hands on this cult beauty product that I've wanted for so long. I was in M&S and they now stock Nuxe and REN products so I instantly grabbed a pot of this lip balm which I've wanted for so long. I don't want to go into too much detail about it now as I am going to do a full review on it once I've had longer to use this, but so far I'm really impressed and my sahara-esk lips haven't been dry since I started using it!


Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream in Cotton Candy | £2.99

My final beauty favourite is a lip colour I've been loving, I haven't seen a lot of hype about these products in the beauty community but I really like them and wish there were more shades. They are simply liquid matte lippies that have more of a creamy consistency, this means they don't last ages but they sit really comfortably on the lips. This shade is particular is really pretty and it's been the perfect in between season shade for me and is so easy to apply quickly when rushing to get ready for college.

What beauty bits have you been loving in September? Have you tried any of the products I've mentioned?