Thursday, 23 October 2014

Makeup Routine Staples

Revlon Colourstay Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin | £12.49

Revlon Colourstay Concealer | £6.99

Real Techniques Stippling Brush | £11.99

Revlon Brow Fantasy | £6.99

Nuxe Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm | £9.50




It's fair to say that I've not had the most relaxed month or so. With college commitments, I feel like I'm making less effort with beauty and makeup as the time passes. However I do still have my skin concerns and for me personally, leaving the house and putting my makeup on branch together and I do need coverage for my blemish ridden skin. Of course this means I have some essentials that make my makeup routine quicker and definitely more effective from my point of view. So today I thought I would share some makeup routine staples that really save my bacon when rushing out the door. 

First off I have my perfect pair that handle the coverage side of things. The Revlon Colourstay line is a firm favourite of mine, in particular the combination/oily foundation which with a number of repurchases has got me through my very lengthy college career so far, and remains my personal favourite drugstore foundation. The coverage is decent, but not cakey, it also lasts well and keeps shine at bay. The concealer is also lovely and the formula is great. It's actually replaced my obsession with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, which I didn't think was possible at one time.

Next up is my trusty stippling brush from Real Techniques which is just a really affordable, but good quality brush. I would probably like the blending brush too if I owned it and would love to add it to my collection, but this brush is amazing for getting rid of excess foundation and blending everything out to create a smooth canvas, all I do is apply my foundation with my Expert Face Brush and use this baby to sort out the mess.

Next is a new favourite of mine but basically any eyebrow gel is amazing is my book. I am terrible at shaping my brows, eyeliner and anything else in beauty that requires precision so having a product I can brush on is a real lifesaver. I never used to get why people bother doing their brows, but since getting my first brow gel last year I legit cannot leave the house without one on, it makes that much of a difference in my opinion.

Finally I have a cult product that I finally caved and purchased about a month ago. Yes I finally laid my paws on the Nuxe Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm over a month ago, and may I just say, *stands up to podium*, that it is amazing and completely worth the hype in my opinion. Do you remember back in the day where I used to constantly moan about my Sahara-esk lips at any opportunity? Well no more, my lips have not been chapped once since I started using this, and I'm now wearing lippies whenever the hell I feel like it.

What are your makeup routine staple products?