Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Adding Some Purple

When it comes to experimenting with makeup autumn is my favourite time of year. There are just so many shades you can experiment with, all of which are some of my favourites. Anything red, copper and purple is just right up my street. So for my first autumnal makeup post I wanted to share with you how I'm incorporating some purple into my everyday makeup. Purple is definitely a more intimidating shade to work with, but I've been wearing this look to college over the past few days and I've been loving it.

To add purple into my everyday makeup I've been using these two inexpensive products. The first adds a subtle bit of dark purple to my lids and comes in the form of one of my favourite eyeshadow formulas. The Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate is a buildable dark purple shade which does contain a few specks of shimmer but trust me when I say it's everyday appropriate. As a one wash shade it is just so easy to swish on with your finger and isn't too pigmented that it's daunting to wear, and it lasts all day long and doesn't crease!

For lips I picked an old favourite of mine which is this Revlon Colourburst Balm Stain in Crush. I love the formula of these as they are slightly balmy and last really well on the lips. I love this purple shade in particular again because it is buildable which I think is good for shades like this. If I don't want too dramatic a look I put lip balm on and dab a little of this into it for a more sheer colour. But for the look I've done here I've just put it straight onto the lips and not built it up too much. 




Do you have any favourite purple products?