Tuesday, 23 September 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag | Autumn



Autumn has come around in full force and with a new season comes a new array of products to keep with me in my makeup bag. Of course it wouldn't be right if I didn't show you the contents of my makeup bag in regular doses so here is everything that is currently stashed away in the depths of my trusty Cath Kidston bag!


Benefit Hello Flawless Powder | £25.50

First up I have my newest base addition to my collection. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and so far I'm pretty pleased with it, it offers a nice bit of coverage without looking cakey and keeps my shine at bay for most of the day. It has a mirror inside and a sponge and brush applicator which is so useful when I'm out and about.


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer | £5.99

I rarely reapply concealer throughout the day but I've been keeping this one in my makeup bag just in case a random blemish appears. I've not had this product for long but so far I prefer my Revlon Colourstay version just because I find it gives more coverage and has more of a matte finish which I prefer.


Maybelline Colour Tattoo In Metallic Pomegranate | £4.99

My first autumnal addition to my bag is this purple/plum shade of one of my favourite eyeshadow formulas. I just think having this is so handy because if I decide to go out in the evening or want to perk up my makeup a bit I can apply this really easily with my finger. These eye shadows also last so long and don't crease at all which is rare with my oily eyelids.


Carmex Cherry Lip Balm | £2.69

For lip balm I've gone for one of my current favourites. I find this one from Carmex so moisturising and the cherry scent is so nice. 


Benefit They're Real Mascara | £19.50 (Full Size)

In case I ever need a mascara when I'm not at home I keep a miniature version of my favourite with me. I just love the formula of the They're Real Mascara especially when it's dried a bit as it really holds a curl and stays nice and crisp all day on the lashes.


Born Lippy Stick Lip Balm In Plum | £3.00

For my tinted lip balm option I've gone for one of my favourites which is this purple tinted lip balm from the body shop. It's not the most pigmented tinted lip balm but it is one of the most moisturising I've tried and perfect for autumn.


Soap and Glory Cheekmate Lip and Cheek Stain in Rosey Glow | £8.00

As a cheek option I've gone for this cheek and lip tint from Soap and Glory. I don't find this works well on the lips at all but I like adding a bit to my cheeks to give a bit of a pinched cheeks look and make me look more fresh and awake.


Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107 | £5.49

Whatever lipstick I'm wearing each day will of course go into my makeup bag so as an example I've picked a lipstick that I expect to wear a lot this season. This beauty blogger classic is the perfect dark red lipstick for fall and is super matte and lasts well on the lips, I can't wait to start wearing it.

Revlon Colourburst Balm Stain in Honey | £7.99

As a more neutral lip option I've picked one of my favourite lippies which is this lip crayon from Revlon. It is a your lips but better shade and when I can't decide what lipstick to wear I always pick this. It's also really easy to reapply which is why it's perfect for my makeup bag. 

What do you keep in your makeup bag?