Thursday, 20 February 2014

The Lazy Girls Guide to Beauty

Today I present possibly the most packed post ever on EmmiHearts. Being a makeup lover it is strange having those days where you really don't need to make an effort with your makeup and to just let yourself be more lazy with it. So for those days, or when you are in a rush and cannot decide what you put on your face I have some tips and ideas for you all to offer some minimal effort inspiration.



Eyes


First up is for those times when blending, priming and generally having to make an effort in deciding what you want to do with your eyeshadow is a complete chore. Here are 3 ways to have a presentable eyeshadow look with a quick dabbing of the fingers, which are:


Cream Eyeshadow


The most documented one wash eye shadows have to be the Maybelline Colour Tatoos, which allow a quick wipe of the product with your finger to achieve a technical looking eyeshadow look that lasts all day long without creasing, and at only £4.99 are by far are the most used eye shadows I own.


Crayon Eyeshadow


For a more precise application where less of a messy finger is needed, why not go for a crayon eyeshadow. I've recently been loving this grey eyeshadow pencil by Collection in the shade Gunmetal Glitz.

Eyeshadow Paint


Finally is a newer concept of eyeshadow that has arrived on the market recently in the form of eyeshadow paints. They differ from the crayons in that they are far less creamy and dry quite crisp on the eyelids, I still find that despite being able to paint your eyeshadow on I still need to give a quick dab of the finger to blend it slightly. My favourite eyeshadow paint formula is  Max Factor's Masterpiece Colour precision Eyeshadow.

Lips

Next up entails two easy ways to achieve two lip finishes. Glossy and Matte. Both of which involve simply loading up your lips with one product and you are good to go. Minimal effort, with a big lip statement, sounds good to me.


Glossy

For a quick glossy lip I reach for one of my favourite lip crayon products in the form of Bourjois' Colour Boosts, which you can quickly put on for super glossy lips with a decent amount of colour and moisture thrown in for good measure. For me they are the perfect all in one glossy lip colour for when a minimal effort application is necessary.

Matte

One of my favourite lip trends is a bold matte lip however applying lip liner then lipstick and blotting etc can make it way too much effort for everyday wear most of the time. So my tip is to miss out the lipstick altogether and just cover your lips in your lip liner, because all lip liners are matte and inexpensive they make for the perfect make do matte lipstick. Although they can be really drying they really don't budge once blotted in leaving a decent stain of colour on your lips so you don't have to worry about constantly reapplying or fixing up your lips!

Base

Next up is how to quickly put together a base perfect for when you are in a rush and want to leave the house looking moderately made up. These picks can either be put together, used on their own or as a duo to make an acceptable base with a quick blotting of powder and you are fine to leave the house with a base that took very little time and effort to achieve, so here are my picks:


Tinted Moisturiser/BB Cream


Minimal coverage, quick and easy to apply and blend is what you will get with any tinted moisturiser/BB cream making them the perfect lazy girl's base.

Roll on Under Eye Concealer


For those with dark under eyes I recommend a roll on concealer such as the Maybelline Eraser Eye making it easier and quicker to cover those pesky dark under eye circles. All you have to do is draw it on and then quickly dab the product in.

Easy to Blend Good Coverage Concealer


I've written 'good coverage' because you can just use concealer as your base which I have done before which does really save time. I've picked out the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer as it is one of my favourite concealers which is so easy to blend, is a good coverage, isn't drying and gives a semi matte finish = perfect for a make do base.

So there you have it, a big post I know but I didn't think this guide would be as useful split up into different posts, so I thought I would put them all together. Thanks so much for reading, be sure to comment what you thought of this post below and any lazy tips of your own x