Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Sultry


After weeks of this shade being sold out in my local Boots I finally managed to get my hands on the Revlon Colour Burst Matte Balm that I've been eyeing up since the release of these lip crayons. I think it's the cool winter vibe that this brownish pink has that really made me need Sultry to be my first one of these products. So now I've finally got my hands on one and had the chance to test it for the past few days, here are my thoughts!




In terms of formulation I've been really impressed with this stuff. It hasn't been drying out my Saraha esk lips at all despite having a velvety matte finish to the product. As with the original formulas they are really long lasting on the lips, for example I've been putting this on first thing in the morning and have been coming home for lunch from college with a faded tint still on my lips despite no reapplications.

One thing that really caused a debate with the original Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains was the minty scent which I personally loved but for some it was off putting. Well they've met everyone in the middle as the scent is still there but it is a lot more faint.

I had my heart set on this shade so much because I think it is the perfect shade to go from the winter to the spring season with. I also think the shade looks rather mature and vintage like. The only negative I have for this product is that I personally find it a bit too pigmented which you can gasp at in disbelief if you will. I guess this is because of my love for the original Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains as I found them a lot more wearable for everyday because they were more like a balm. But hey ho this is still a gorgeous shade and I can always dab this on top of a lip balm so I can't really complain, especially when this stuff only costs £7.99.

Overall I'm pleased as punch with this stuff and can't wait to try out some more of the new collection, especially the lacquers. Thanks so much for reading, be sure to comment below if you've tried anything from the new collection yet and what your thoughts are xx