Monday, 10 February 2014

Emmi Talks: Being Single On Valentines Day

It doesn't matter does it. I'm not being the spiteful girl without a date for Valentines Day but in my opinion it is one of those nice ways to show how much you appreciate the loved ones in your life, other than that it is just a bit over hyped and an excuse for the shops to cash in on chocolates, flowers and what not which really aren't important.

Yes I am going to be alone on Valentines Day, but it doesn't mean I need to bash the celebration or be miserable. Honestly I have never been so content with my social life and being single is a part of it I am fine with at the moment, it's not the end of the world and let's face it, I've only just become an adult and why not enjoy what it means to be young for a little bit longer.


So for all my single readers who may be feeling a bit glum, I have put together a list of alternative ways to spend Valentines Day, I know that the celebration is on a Friday when most have work or education commitments however I know that a late night is most likely on the menu so I have taken those points into consideration.

Throw an Anti-Valentines Day Party

Ok I know I said I wasn't spiteful about the celebration and I'm not. By this I mean a get together with your other single friends, personally on a Friday night after a busy day at work or school I would make this a sleepover. What could be better than watching some guilty pleasure movies, eating loads of treats and relaxing with face masks.

Have a Pamper

Run a hot bath and relax, this is perfect at the end of a busy week and a book or movie will be sure to take your mind off all your worries.

Spend Time With Your Loved Ones

Even if it isn't that someone special there is nothing that beats family time, you could play some old fashioned board games or bake something special with a relative. I might do some baking with my sister this year, I am thinking cupcakes or macaroons.

Do What You Would Any Other Day!!!

Afterall if you're single why should Valentine's Day be a big deal anyway?

If you take anything away from this post I want it to be to remember that comparing yourself to others isn't going to make you happier as I know personally. If you think you need someone else to make you happy then you really need to start loving yourself first, spending the day making yourself happy using the suggestions above is sure to put you in better stead for acceptance and being able to sail through the celebration and being around loved up friends.

And if all else fails just put on some Beyonce.....




Thanks for reading folks, comment below what you'll be doing for Valentine's Day this year (date or no date) x