Saturday, 18 January 2014

The Trend: Grunge


I've never been one to get too obsessed with all things celebrity and makeup trend related, however since the  beginning of the new year I've really been trying to experiment more with my style, in particular how I wear my makeup. The grunge trend this winter has really caught my eye as something that can easily be made appropriate for everyday wear, so here is how I've been achieving the look myself.



Messy hair is definitely a great accessory for the grunge look which for me includes:

- A matte base
- Smudged Eyeliner
- Bolder 'delevingne' brows
- No colour on the cheeks

Most would go for no colour on their lips as well however to add my own girly twist to the look I took inspiration from some of Cara Delevingne's looks and went for a matte pink lip in the form of the Collection Cream Puff in Cotton Candy.

Apologies for my complexion in the photo, my post Christmas skin hasn't been clearing up at all :(
Thanks for reading, be sure to comment below what you think of the grunge trend and whether you would try and incorporate it into your makeup routine yourself x