Wednesday, 22 January 2014

My Moisturising Lip Colour picks


The winter weather is really taking it's toll here in the UK not just on the temperature but I'm sure we can all agree our skin gets that little harder to manage in the wintertime, or in my case a lot harder. One area in particular that really feels the effects are my lips which are normally dry as it is so the cold weather makes things even worse, that is where some more moisturising lip products are in order. So for today's post I thought I would share with you all the products I have been turning to give my lips a little something in colour while not drying them out.

Lip glosses aren't known for being drying in any way however some are more moisturising than others and this baby is definitely one of them. The Bourjois Effet 3D lip gloss is not the most pigmented product but really does have a balm effect while being super glossy.

Next up is a product that I simply could not do a moisturising lip picks line up without. The Revlon Lip Butters are up there with some of the most coveted lip sticks because they offer really good pigmentation while being super balmy and non drying on the lips.

The newly reformulated moisture renew lipsticks by Rimmel really do offer great value for money in terms of their pigmentation and non drying formulas. Personally I prefer the finish of these to the Revlon Lip Butters as you need less product on the lips to get a more opaque finish.

Now on to lip balms and first up are the moisture plus lip balms from Carmex which I hands down prefer over the Baby Lips balms as the pigmentation is just that much better and they are much more moisturising.

I have been wearing this born lippy lip balm from the Body Shop constantly at the moment as my lips are at their worst, it gives the nicest berry tint to the lips while hydrating them.

So there you have it, 5 product ranges all suitable for the dry lip season as I'm beginning to call it. Thanks for reading, comment below your current favourite moisturising lip product!