Friday, 31 January 2014

My Favourite Drugstore Concealers

Products Mentioned: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, SEVENTEEN Phwoarr Paint, Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer

As a girl who has suffered with acne all through her teen years I have gone through my fair share of concealers. So to put it one way I know where the goods are in drugstore concealers so I thought I would share my most used ones with you all and why I love them so much.

First up is the highly coveted Collection Lasting Perfection concealer which everyone and their nan seems to rave about and I of course will be doing the same. It is a really versatile liquid concealer with a really good pigmentation and staying power. I have gone through so many of these in my teens and when in doubt usually grab this, the only negative of this is that it can get pretty cakey however if I am using this stuff I tend to go for a lower coverage foundation or tinted moisturiser anyway so never have any complaints myself about that aspect of the product.

Next up is a newbie on the market which has been compared to Benefit, Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown concealers. SEVENTEEN's Phwoarr Paint really owns it for me it terms of pigmentation and is really long lasting. The thickness of the formula makes it great for staying onto under eyes and correcting redness. Despite this being an under eye concealer I use this on my spots and it does a great job at covering them up.

My last pick is the most moisturising of the three in the form of the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer. I have been using this so much recently as the cold weather has really made my skin dry and because it is oily as well this product has been perfect as it has a matte finish despite not being drying at all. I have to say I have been preferring this to the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer as it has a yellow undertone which works a lot better with correcting redness and is not cakey at all.

So there are my picks, what are yours? Comment below x