Sunday, 26 January 2014

A Random Favourite #1 Mean Girls

One thing I constantly say I struggle with on EmmiHearts is being more personal with you all in my posts. As much as I love beauty and photography one of the things I love about reading blogs is that you can really get to know that person and connect with them as if you are sitting down for a coffee and a chat with them. So I got my notebook out and really started to have a think about how I can overcome this dilemma of mine and I think I have the solution. A series of posts where I take time out to talk about something I really love, whether it be somewhere I have visited, a new band I have discovered or simply talking about a favourite movie of mine like today.



I first watched Mean Girls around the age of 10, my sister had watched it at a friend's house and decided to buy it on DVD. We shared a room at the time and used to have this movie on repeat every single night, so as you can imagine I can pretty much quote the whole film. For those of you who haven't seen this film it is an American Teen Comedy written by the hilarious Tina Fey, about a girl called Cady who has to leave Africa where she has spent all of her life to move to a mid western town and attend the high school there. Before I end up going off on a tangent which I easily could about this film below is the trailer which will give you a way better idea of it then I ever could.


Despite this being a favourite film of mine through my pre teens it still has a place in my heart to this day, I now get more of the jokes and genuinely find this film hilarious, so I thought I would share some of my favourite funny bits from the movie!


Ironically despite the plastics obviously not being the best role models I still kind of aspired to be like them as a child (I know face palm). However I did really just like the idea of wearing pink on Wednesdays and only wearing my hair up once a week, just little things like that which as a clueless 10 year old made me feel so much cooler.

Any regular teen or Tumblr user will know that quoting Mean Girls in any given context is a challenge we should all commit to. There are just so many great funny quotes from the film so I thought I would list my favourites which is a pretty hard thing to do I've learnt as there are so many good ones.

"Ex-Boyfriends are just off limits to friends. That's just like the rules of feminism."

"That's why her hair is so big. It's full of secrets."

"It's like I have ESPN or something. My breasts can always tell when it's going to rain. Well they can tell when it's raining."

"I'm a mouse, Duh."

"I want to lose three pounds."

"One time she punched me in the face. It was awesome."

"I don't hate you 'cause you're fat. You're fat 'cause I hate you."

"On Wednesdays we wear pink."

"If you're from Africa, why are you white?"

"Whatever I'm getting cheese fries."

"Four for you Glen Coco you go Glen Coco!"

"Stop trying to make Fetch happen, it's not going to happen."

So there you have it a very random favourite in the form of a guilty pleasure film of mine. If you have never seen the film I really recommend it. It isn't a generic teen movie at all, the humour is so clever and you can't help but love all the characters. Thanks for reading, comment below what your thoughts are on me doing more posts like this and if you have seen the film!

If you take anything from this film it really should be this x
Have a great day!